One property, two units and a whole lot of possibilitySend This Listing To A Friend
It is not often you come across a place that is perfectly tailored to the needs of your unique lifestyle. If you’re a family looking for a spacious three-bedroom condo, or a professional who wants a combined living and office space, then you have met your match on McCaul Street.
This is a rare opportunity to own two side-by-side ground floor lofts, with an adjoining door in an excellent neighbourhood. You can feel the creativity in the air with OCAD University right outside your doorstep. You also have Grange Park, a public swimming pool and the best shops and restaurants just minutes away.
Walking in the main foyer at #85 McCaul Street you are immediately greeted with 18-ft high ceilings, exposed ductwork, hardwood floors and freshly painted white walls. This unit features two bedrooms and two bathrooms. The open-concept living space is equipped with gorgeous natural light, a brilliant dining area, built-in pantry storage and granite countertops. This space is perfect for family dinners, entertaining friends or cozying up with a book and watching the passerbyers out the front window.
Down the hall you have an additional pantry with a full size wine fridge inside -Two generous sized bedrooms with double closets, and a powder room finish off the space. The primary bedroom includes an ensuite 4-piece bathroom, and a gorgeous bay window with a walkout to the covered patio.
A connecting interior door welcomes you to unit #71. Here you have over 500 sq ft of open-concept living space to customize to your lifestyle. Use this as an additional bedroom space, or a professional office for your business. This unit also has a bathroom with a walk-in shower, washer/dryer and a rough in for a kitchen located in the bonus storage closet.
Owning both units also means you get to reap the beneifts of two courtyard patios. Enjoy your morning coffee and soak in the fresh spring air. You can also use this bonus space to store your bikes and extra seasonal gear.
5 Things We Love
- The versatility – This is a rare opportunity to own side-by-side units with a connecting door. This is perfect for a large family or a live-work professional.
- The size- Over 1500 sq ft of living space spread across two units is yours to customize.
- The high ceilings – The 18 ft ceilings and exposed ducts add to the lofty vibe of the space, and blend with the artsy feel of the surrounding ‘hood.
- The outdoor spaces- You have three courtyard patio spaces to enjoy your morning coffee, or evening nightcap on.
- The neighbourhood– Steps from Toronto’s AGO, you’ll enjoy all that this world class attraction has to offer from programming to restaurants. Located directly across the street from OCAD, you are moments away from Grange Park (including one for the doggos!). Steps to Queen Street West and all of the shopping and restaurants.
Kensington/Chinatown is a cherished neighbourhood for Torontonians. Maybe, it’s because it represents so many of the things that our city stands for diversity, creativity, beauty, art, food, music, multiculturalism, and (really good) shopping. Luckily, if the odd smell of patchouli is not your scene, it is not long-lasting, and swiftly replaced by the aromas of freshly baked goods and flavours.
Local Kensington businesses cater to a diverse crowd resulting in a wide array of colourful, unique, and often delicious, offerings. It is truly a place where anything goes. For ‘foodies’ this makes Kensington a little slice of ‘tasty heaven’. Being “hangry” as a resident in Kensington Market would be entirely your fault! There’s zero shortage of ‘good eats’ within walking distance: Rasta Pasta, The Burgernator, Seven Lives, Fika, and SO MANY MORE. Bars, vintage clothing stores, refurbished furniture and decor shops, jewellers, and cafes, follow-suit providing the best of each of their categories.
And last, but sure as heck not least, Kensington Market is situated in an unreal location (location, location, location!). Sandwiched between Dundas street and College, and Bathurst and Spadina, this exciting pocket of the city allows for easy commuting in all directions.