Information Collected by the BREL team
We only collect personal information that is relevant to the purpose of our website, which is to enable users to discover and share information about the real estate market. This information allows us to provide you with a customized and efficient experience. We do not process this information in a way that is incompatible with this objective. We collect the following types of information from our users:
1. Information You Provide to Us: We receive and store any information you enter on our website or provide to us in any other way. You can choose not to provide us with certain information, but then you may not be able to take advantage of many of our special features. We reserve the right to use the information you submit to us in such ways that we deem are compatible with our goal of providing site visitors with a comprehensive resource of information about the real estate market.
- Requesting more information: In order for you to use our services, such as requesting more information or searching properties you may be required to complete a registration form. As part of this registration form, we may require select personal information (including your full name, phone number and e-mail address).
2. Automatic Information:
- We receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us. The BREL team and its authorized agents automatically receive and record certain “traffic data” on our server logs from your browser including your IP address, cookie information, and the page you requested. We use this traffic data to help diagnose problems with our servers, analyze trends and administer the website.
- The BREL team may collect and, on any page, display the total counts that page has been viewed. This includes User Profile pages.
- Many companies offer programs that help you to visit websites anonymously. While we will not be able to provide you with a personalized experience if we cannot recognize you, we want you to be aware that these programs are available.
The BREL team is very concerned about your privacy and we will never provide your email address to a third party without your explicit permission, as detailed in the “Sharing Your Information” section below. We may send out e-mails with related news, products, offers, surveys or promotions. You may also receive notification e-mails from the BREL team, which informs you of actions that have been performed on the site. If you do not want to receive e-mail from us, please visit the Email Preferences section of your User Profile and/or follow the instructions contained in the unwanted e-mail message. However, please note that in all cases you will continue to receive all system e-mails (e.g. those regarding forgotten user passwords) and legal notices (e.g. updates to our policies) from us.
- Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your computer’s hard drive through your Web browser to enable our systems to recognize your browser and tell us how and when pages in our website are visited and by how many people. The BREL team cookies do not collect personal information.
- Like the vast majority of sites on the interwebs these days, the BREL team’s advertising partners may place a cookie on your browser that makes it possible to collect anonymous non-personally identifiable information that ad delivery systems use to present more relevant ads. We don’t like dancing monkeys either, so we think most of you would rather receive relevant ads than untargeted ones.
Sharing Your Information
Because the BREL team enables people to discover and share information with one another, information about the people who use our site and services is an integral part of the experience. We will share your personal information only as described below.
- The BREL team Personnel: the BREL team personnel and authorized consultants and/or contractors may have access to user information if necessary in the normal course of business.
- Business Transfers: In some cases, we may choose to buy or sell assets. In these types of transactions, user information is typically one of the business assets that is transferred. Moreover, if the BREL team or substantially all of its assets, were acquired, user information would be one of the assets that is transferred.
- API: the BREL team will allow authorized third parties access to our listing data in accordance to the listing owners wishes.
- Syndication: the BREL team allows for the RSS syndication of some of its public content within the website.
In accordance with the express purpose of why you provided it and we captured it.
- With Your Consent: Except as noted above, we will contact you when your personal information is shared with third parties or used for a purpose incompatible with the purpose(s) for which it was originally collected, and you will be able to opt out to prevent the sharing of this information.
- Your information will be shared with third parties for the sake of presenting relevant marketing offers only if express permission through an opt-in is provided by you.
Keeping Information Secure
Only employees who need personal information to perform a specific job (for example, a customer service representative) are granted access to it. All of our employees are kept up to date on our privacy and security practices.
Ways to Control Display and Use of Your Information
As stated previously, you can always opt not to disclose information, but then you may be unable to use certain features on our website, such as requesting automated listing notifications. If you do not wish to receive e-mail from us please visit contact us at email@example.com. However, please note that you will continue to receive all system e-mails (e.g. those regarding forgotten user passwords) and legal notices (e.g. updates to our policies) from us. As explained earlier, the “help” portion of the toolbar on the majority of browsers will direct you on how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to command the browser to tell you when you receive a new cookie, or how to fully disable cookies. Please note, however, that if your browser does not accept cookies, you will not be able to take advantage of some of our features.
Conditions of Use