Make Your Detached Dream Come True - Offers AnytimeSend This Listing To A Friend
All the little details in this three-bedroom detached home add up to one delightful package. This is a home that’s easy to warm up to. Inside, large principal rooms, and architectural details create an impactful impression you won’t soon forget.
With large wooden beams, carefully selected modern light fixtures, and plentiful windows, 79 Balfour makes you feel like you’re finally home.
The roomy eat-in kitchen faces the south rear garden through large windows and has tons of cupboard space – perfect for those who look forward to trying a new recipe (or plating delicious takeout from one of the countless restaurants nearby). The stainless steel stove, dishwasher and fridge were new in 2019. There’s a centre island for prep or just hanging around, enjoying a cup of tea or a glass of wine. And underfoot, the warmth of those hardwood floors feels as comforting as a book you’ve read countless times.
Upstairs, there are three full family-size bedrooms, which is a rare find. The primary bedroom is actually large enough for a king-sized bed with a walk-in closet (seriously!). And the cheery bathroom was renovated in 2018.
Downstairs, there’s a partially finished basement with a family room that can double as a private space to work from home during the day. There is a new electrical panel (2019), a new washer and dryer (2019) and the basement heater was new in 2016.
There is potential to finish the rest of the basement to add even more living space – your dream family room, workout space, or a home office for remote work. Plus, there’s a separate entrance so you could easily see clients at home, or create an in-law suite, nanny suite, or even an income suite.
Outside there is a huge, fully fenced backyard, shaded by mature trees – one of the perks of a 120 ft lot. Your private oasis has plenty of room for entertaining a crowd (someday), for kids to play and to cultivate your green thumb. The fence and deck were recently done (2019 and 2017), and a new landscaping and retaining wall were completed in 2017. Walk past the new shed (installed 2020), and through the gate to two parking spaces in the lane.
Click here for the Laneway Feasibility Report.
5 Things We Love
- It’s detached! This 3 bed, 2-storey home also has a huge fenced backyard and 2 parking spots – score!
- The backyard. It’s enormous for city living – the lot is a full 120 ft deep. Fully fenced, with mature trees for shady cover, this kid-friendly backyard has plenty of room for a play structure as well. A huge interlocking paver patio is perfect for entertaining in the summer months. There’s even a door to the basement that could one day be transformed into a full walkout.
- The kitchen – the hub of the home, it features a centre island, tons of cupboard space, south views of the rear garden through large windows, stunning wooden beams and hardwood floors
- The three full family-sized bedrooms – A king-size bed with a walk-in closet in the primary bedroom? Now that’s dreamy.
- The neighbourhood – With a 91 walk score, Danforth Village – or The Danny, offers easy access to restaurants, shopping, coffee shops, transit and more. All the necessities are East at Shoppers World and travel west to discover everything else the Danforth has to offer. Walk to the subway in 5 minutes, and the Danforth Go Station in 10 minutes.
About East End Danforth
East End Danforth is a charming family neighbourhood, with wide tree-lined streets on a diverse and vibrant section of The Danforth known as “The Danny”. Plus there’s a little of everything nearby: The beach at Ashbridges Bay, shopping in the Beaches, festivals on the Danforth, Terry Fox Recreation Centre and the colour of Little India. The TTC and grocery store, fab restos, and cool shops are all steps away.
Want more from your new neighbourhood? It delivers with the Main subway stop on the Bloor-Danforth line and Danforth GO station steps away, with a 5-minute ride to Greektown and all that the Danforth has to offer. Shops, restaurants, coffee houses, and business abound on the bustling Danforth, it’s all within easy walking distance.
Shoppers World plaza is a short walk away, as is Canadian Tire, Lowe’s and take your pick of grocery stores : Loblaws, Fresh Co and Metro are all very close by.