Leslieville charm meets modern design on one of the hottest streets in the ‘hood.Send This Listing To A Friend
Rich in personality and steeped in charm with style for days, this 2-bed Leslieville row home is Modern-Victorian at its best. This love-at-first-sight story begins at the street, with the kind of curb appeal that grabs you at first glance. The charming porch has a retractable awning that lets you sit and watch the world go by, rain or shine.
Inside, the exposed brick, original staircase and stunning arched window harken back to simpler times. But don’t be fooled. The top-to-bottom updates here ensure you are enjoying every contemporary comfort.
This stunning home makes use of every inch, inside and out. On the main floor, the living room, dining room and kitchen have flawless flow, making this space perfect for everyday life and for entertaining. You’re warmly welcomed with exposed brick, gleaming floors and a custom entryway with built-in storage to tuck shoes and coats away. The feature wall in the back draws to you the kitchen with all the bells and whistles – stainless steel appliances, stone countertops, closed and open storage and sink with prep area and additional drinking water faucet.
Continue through to the backyard, and you’ll find a private oasis with a roomy deck under a retractable awning. Rain or shine, you can grill on the BBQ with a gas hookup. Grab a plate and gather with friends around the firepit, exercise your green thumb or just sit with a book and a coffee or glass of wine, tucked away from the hustle and bustle of the city. You won’t find private greenspace like this in a condo!
Upstairs, the spacious master suite has storage for days and So. Much. Light. There’s an attached bath (with dual access from the hall) that’s straight out of the pages of your favourite decor magazine. Seriously, there’s even a skylight! The second bedroom is currently used as a work-from-home office – but could function just as well as a guest bedroom, nursery or a place to put your pandemic-purchased Peloton.
Downstairs, the basement has been fully redone. Lowered, waterproofed and done right, this space has high ceilings, fab finishes and the extra space you need to stretch out at home. There’s a media room, second workspace (ideal for couples who have embraced the shift to work-from-home) crafty storage, second full bath and laundry with new appliances including a gas dryer.
Leslieville gives you a neighbourhood feel that you just can’t beat. Enjoy one-of-a-kind restaurants like Gare De L’Est, NutBar, Barrio Cerveceria, Core Korean Kitchen and more. With local bakeries like Brick Street, and cafés like Purple Penguin or Pilot Coffee Roasters, supporting small businesses is the way of life here. Got a sweet tooth? Be sure to check out Craig’s Cookies or Ed’s Real Scoop! And if you’re craving a cold one, breweries like Eastbound, Saulter St. and Avling are all a short walk away.
5 Things We Love
- Modern mixed with Victorian charm: updates top to bottom make this 1875 home low maintenance while keeping character intact. It’s the best of both worlds.
- Outdoor space every day: The retractable awnings front and back let you enjoy your welcoming porch and private greenspace rain or shine.
- Your only work is moving in: The current homeowners have, over the years, tackled every inch of the home -inside and out. And, their thoughtful and careful maintenance have you set up for years to come.
- The backyard is a sweet extension: With a newer deck, gas BBQ hookup, lovely plants and trees, it’s no wonder the current owners call this quiet and serene area an Oasis. Plus, the detached garage offers lots of space to store gardening tools, bikes, and of course, a highly-coveted parking spot in this popular neighbourhood.
- Self-care nights in your personal spa: stargaze from the soaker tub, meditate in the huge shower, keep your toes toasty on heated floors. With double sinks and storage galore, there is a place for everything and everyone.
It’s no wonder people dream of life in Leslieville. Restaurants, bars, breweries, cafes, venues and shops line the main streets (and some of the side streets), all within easy walking distance.
Trees galore, close to Lake Ontario with bike paths, playgrounds, splash pads and off-leash dog areas, this neighbourhood takes family-friendly to a whole new level. The growing condo market has brought a greater mix of people to the area, which was the turning point that took Leslieville from up-and-coming to established.
Once a haven for artists and craftspeople, and before that home to boarded-up shops, working-class families, metal and factory workers and mom-and-pop shops, Leslieville has become one of Toronto’s hippest neighbourhoods. Where once stood abandoned buildings and run-down homes now stand destination-worthy restaurants, European-inspired cafes, upscale clothing stores, revitalized factory-turned-loft buildings, yoga and fitness studios. There is still a laid-back vibe here, compared to the fast pace of downtown life. But don’t be fooled. Leslievillians take their love of the environment, local food, farmer’s market fare and kale very seriously.