A renovator’s dream in a growing ‘hoodSend This Listing To A Friend
A diamond in the rough opportunity awaits you on Sterling Road. This 2-storey semi is chocked full of potential, perfect for the investor looking to take on a big project in a neighbourhood that just keeps getting better.
Nestled on the southern point of the Junction Triangle, this home is part of an area where exciting revitalization is happening. The proposed development plans include a park, residential buildings and daycare facilities, all designed to celebrate the history of the neighbourhood’s artistic culture.
Inside, natural sunlight floods the home. The current framework includes two bedrooms and one bathroom and has excellent potential for an addition. There is also an unfinished basement equipped with a furnace and washing machine. This space welcomes the opportunity to build and renovate to your liking.
Outdoors, there is a decent-sized yard space that you can fully customize to your own needs. The outdoor area is tucked behind a commercial building, allowing for an intimate and private little hideaway.
Walking down this family-friendly street, you will see several modernized homes. The aesthetic truly merges the original grit with modern additions. In this neighbourhood, you can be a part of the change that is underway.
No wonder this neighbourhood has a transit score of 100! You are super close to the Bloor line TTC, GO and the West Toronto Railpath. Not to mention High Park is within walking distance.
5 Things We Love
- The growing ‘hood- Nestled in a community-friendly neighbourhood with lots of exciting growth happening.
- The opportunity- Several of the neighbours have modernized the homes on the street, and sizeable additions are common – this home has the potential to meet those standards.
- The natural light- Sun pours in throughout the home, creating a light and airy atmosphere.
- The location- With a transit score of 100, you can get anywhere you want without needing a car… 243 Sterling Road is a five-minute walk from the KI Kitchener at the Bloor GO stop.
- The tranquillity- While a lot is happening in the exciting neighbourhood, you can enjoy the peace and quiet as you’re tucked into your own private oasis.
About Junction Triangle
The Junction Triangle revitalization is underway. Abandoned warehouses and factory buildings are converted to urban lofts or simply torn down and replaced with new townhomes. This neighbourhood will be the new hub of art and design with MOCA just steps away, promoting a creative, community space for discourse and creativity.
The ‘Triangle’ in ‘Junction Triangle’ is due to the area forming the shape of a triangle of land – defined by its clear-cut borders of railway tracks on all three sides. Within its boundaries, residents have a wide range of local business offerings: Halo Brewery, Yoga Yoga, Urban Acorn Market, TuckShop Kitchen, Hello Darling, Katzman Contemporary, Boulderz Climbing, and the list goes on. Aside from being home to many Torontonians, it has also played host to successful Canadian start-ups like Freshbooks.