The perfect starter home in the heart of Crown PointSend This Listing To A Friend
Calling all first-time buyers, this spacious 2-bedroom detached home is ready for its new family. 18 Edgar Street is on the market for the first time since the 1950s! This sweet retreat has been in the same family for over 60 years and it is time for it to pass to the next lucky owners.
At 18 Edgar, you get to experience all the best parts of home ownership – a beautiful yard, privacy, and a space to make your own at an affordable price point.
All you have to do is unpack your bags and move in. The home has been lovingly maintained, and renovated over the years including an upgraded electrical service, new kitchen appliances, vinyl flooring, and a bathroom makeover.
Walking up to this charming adobe you’ll admire the large, newly stained front porch and garden space to test out your green thumb.
Tuck away your outwear in the hall closet and experience single floor living at it’s best. Here you have a quaint living room for cozy movie nights, and a decently sized kitchen and dining area for many delicious family dinners to be had. The kitchen has a terrific pantry which also serves as the entryway to the full, unfinished basement. You’ll love the big windows and original trim detail throughout the home.
The main floor features two comfortably sized bedrooms, and a nicely refreshed bathroom. Did we mention this includes a claw foot tub? Perfect to enjoy with a glass of wine after a long day at work. But wait, it gets better. The primary bedroom also has a walk-in closet. Now you can justify buying that extra sweater at Eastgate Square.
Downstairs you will find a full, unfinished basement with laundry and loads of storage space (plus the new electrical panel with it’s upgraded service!).
Spend your summers outside in your backyard oasis. Grill up some burgers and enjoy a meal on your large wood deck, and admire your spacious green space. Perfect for the kids or fido to run around, and room for additional storage in the shed.
Moving from the GTA? You’ll love how walkable this lively neighbourhood is with access to amazing restaurants, cafes and vintage shops right at your fingertips.
5 Things We Love
- Move-in ready- Unpack your bags and have some fun, all of the unsexy work has been done.
- Easy to maintain- It’s an awesome starter home. The space is big enough to enjoy your own space but small enough to manage easily.
- Functional layout- The single level living is great for those who are ready to downsize but still want the perks of a home.
- Storage galore- The kitchen pantry, closets, a full basement and backyard shed make for more than enough space to tuck away your belongings.
- 5. Location, location, location- Close to the best of Ottawa Street North – The Cannon, Poke Co, Merk Snack Bar, The Argyle, Hamilton Antique Mall, The Hearty Hooligan, Ottawa Street Farmers Market, Murray’s Farm Butcher Shop, Crown Point Market, Hammerhead’s Seafood and more.
About Crown Point
Welcome to the most walkable neighbourhood in East Hamilton, where you can get everything done on foot! Walk to local butchers and bakeries, hip coffee shops like The Cannon, get gourmet food from Crown Point Market, enjoy the best burgers from HAMBRGR, or meet hipster beer heaven at Osten Beer Hall. There is so much to see and do. Don’t forget to check out local galleries near as well as the antique stores (Antique Mall is four floors!).
The Centre on Barton is also within walking distance and home to everything you ever need to run errands – Metro, Canadian Tire, LCBO, Shoppers, Walmart, etc. It’s close to the Cannon Street bike lanes, perfect to connect you to downtown and other parts of the city.