Spacious condo living with exceptional storage in LeasideSend This Listing To A Friend
Whether you’re looking to downsize or just getting started, this 2 bed, 2 bath Leaside gem has the space you’re looking for. The kitchen has incredible storage. Love to bake? Not a problem. Have a full china set for special occasions? Perfect! Love to entertain? With this configuration, you can keep the dishes tucked away while you enjoy a meal in the open-concept living/dining room with high ceilings.
There’s room for a formal dining table and a sitting area with a door to the outdoor terrace and large windows. Outside the terrace is bordered by cedar trees and greenery for added privacy. Add a bistro set or seating area to this paver-lined space and enjoy your morning coffee or evening sip of wine al fresco. You can also use this door to come and go from your space or choose to enter through the lobby.
The primary bedroom has a large walk-in closet and ensuite bath and a large window that looks out onto your terrace. The second bedroom also has a large window and a roomy closet.
Need even more storage? There is a large entry closet and the unit comes with a locker. There is also ensuite laundry and one underground parking space.
Leaside Gate was originally built for retiring seniors but now has a mix of residents that includes both retirees and younger owners who are drawn to the low-key lifestyle and the large units. With just five floors and 106 suites, this building has a community feel and friendly vibe. Amenities include both expected spaces like the exercise room, sauna and games room, but you’ll also find a workshop and a conservatory party room with an outdoor patio. There is also visitor parking.
5 Things We Love
- The space! This is a large unit with an open concept living and dining room, a generously sized kitchen, a wide entryway + 2 spacious bedrooms.
- There is lots of storage to tuck away your things. There’s the walk-in closet in the primary bedroom, a considerable closet in the entryway and no shortage of cabinets in the kitchen. PLUS the unit comes with a locker!
- The unit is occupied by the original owner. That’s gotta say something given that Leaside Gate is 33 years old!
- It’s convenient – The unit is a ground-floor condo with direct access to a private terrace and the outdoors, so you can come and go without using common areas.
- There is a sense of community – post covid, the renovated common areas host a number of activities like bridge, yoga, line dancing and movie nights.
It’s hard to beat Leaside. Well-manicured lawns, homes with plenty of curb appeal, pride of ownership, quiet tree-lined residential streets, greenspace/ravines/trails, a family-oriented vibe, and neighbourliness, are rampant in this part of T.O. With its picturesque scenery and excellent walkability, Leasiders are nestled into a village-like atmosphere where people know your name, families carpool to skating competitions, kids play house-league hockey together, and people actually wave and say ‘hi’ on their way into their homes.
This fusion of urban and suburban qualities makes Leaside a beautiful neighbourhood to raise a family, settle down or just escape the noise and bustle of everyday downtown city life. Families who live in Leaside benefit from proximity to excellent schools, transit and easy access to major highways via Bayview Ave.
Thanks to a thoughtful urban layout, residential blocks are quiet and bordered by a periphery of major roadways that draw street traffic to the outside of the residential area, rather than inside. This provides a calm escape from heavier car-laden streets.