The best of both worlds on the horizonSend This Listing To A Friend
A pedestrian oasis just minutes from downtown and the airport? It’s not a mirage at 9 Michael Power Place. Located in the heart of Islington Village, steps to the Bloor subway line, a short jaunt to the QEW and 427 arteries, a hop skip and a jump to myriad parks, shops and restaurants, this 1+1 bed, 1-bath space has a layout that makes the most of its 640 square feet. Plus the generous balcony offers lakeviews and, if you look just right, downtown and the CN Tower.
A bright and sunny south-facing, open-concept living area is the star of the show. The kitchen – with its ample cupboard space – overlooks the living area and features a breakfast bar. New, high-end, laminate flooring in all the main living spaces will have you swearing it’s hardwood. And the very spacious bedroom (with a real door!) features double mirrored closet doors, complete with organizers. The den features a sliding door and would make a great home office, separating work from the rest of the unit.
And yes, it comes with parking, but it’s hardly needed when you’re this close to the Islington subway station and you can walk to just about everything you would need.
About the Building
Built in 2006, by the highly acclaimed & award winning Pemberton Group developers, the Port Royal Place condos were created with comfort and convenience in mind. Nestled on a small side street, in a safe & quiet condo community, 9 Michael Power Place is a smaller boutique-like building – with only 12 floors and 149 units – while still offering 5-star amenities including a Party Room, Visitor Parking and Concierge as well as a Security Guard, FibreStream Internet, Guest Suites, Parking Garage, Media Room, Security System, Meeting Room, Games Room and Gym.
5 Things We Love
- A community feel! The buildings of Port Royal Place have a neighbourhood look and feel
- You’ll get fresh air! Walking distance from the subway! Work downtown? No need for a car. (Although you have parking if you do!)
- You’ll get out of town! Easy access to the West. Need to get to the airport? Work in Mississauga? The Gardiner, 427 and Pearson are only a few minutes away.
- It’s pedestrian-centric. The area around the Michael Power Place complex has been transformed into a pedestrian-friendly community
- Location. Location. Location! Lots of shopping and restaurant options, plus Six Points (where Bloor, Dundas and Islington intersect) has everything from government offices to a GO station.