A family-size masterpiece on PaulartSend This Listing To A Friend
Put the paint brush down to enjoy this work of (Paul)art — a renovated 3-bed, 2-bath deceivingly spacious bungalow (more than 2300 square feet of living space!) on a family-size lot in the convenient Eatonville neighbourhood. With all the unsexy money already spent, you can move in and enjoy the family-size living space, completely renovated basement and super-size backyard, all under a ten minute drive to the airport or downtown.
Step through the foyer and into a living area so large you can have two separate sitting ‘zones’ with big windows that let in light. It’s open to a dining room big enough for a multi-generation size table for all the family gatherings. There’s hardwood flooring throughout the main floor. The kitchen is well-designed with a fridge, sink, stove ‘triangle’ that makes cooking most efficient. Plus, a good size window makes it bright.
Overall the home has great flow with the living space leading right through to the bedroom area. The primary bedroom is a good size with a walkout to a deck in the backyard. The other two bedrooms are also a generous size. All feature hardwood floors and bright windows.
The renovated basement offers a host of possibilities — as an income or nanny suite (a separate entrance makes it possible) or extended family space. Big above-grade windows make it light and bright throughout. There’s a huge living/family room with kitchenette and eating nook, a separate playroom, extra bedroom and a newly renovated four-piece bath. Plus, a little nook for sitting or a home office, and tons of storage space.
Outside, the 40′ wide lot begs for backyard barbeques where you will reign supreme as King/Queen of the Grill in this incredible space. The kids and/or pets are contained in this fully-fenced area where all the flowers and vegetables can grow in the ample sunshine. Its Western exposure offers afternoon/evening light for play time, eating time and tomato-growing time. A spacious deck is perfect for al fresco dining and the mature trees offer scenery and privacy.
The best news? All of the stuff no one wants to do has already been done. The front of the home has been waterproofed, there’s a new sump pump and backwater valve, the water line and electrical are upgraded (100 amp), there are new window wells, eavestrough and backyard fence. It’s all been done.
5 Things We Love
- The spacious main living area – an extra large living/dining area open to the kitchen offers plenty of family living space
- An incredibly bright basement – this renovated space is bright with large above-grade windows that bring in lots of light, making it the perfect family space, income-generating apartment/AirBnB or nanny/in-law suite
- You should see the backyard! With a 40 x 125’ lot, there’s room for kids and dogs to run around and family backyard reunion barbeques galore.
- There’s fabulous schools nearby – This neighbourhood has great elementary schools, great secondary schools, elementary special programs, and secondary special programs. The special programs offered at local schools include French Immersion, Gifted/Talented Program, Advanced Placement, and International Baccalaureate.
- All the unsexy money is spent – The basement is fully re-finished; the front of house is waterproofed with a sump pump; there’s a new backwater valve; window wells are added; there’s new eavestroughs; new backyard fence and sod; upgrade to 1-inch water line and 100amp electrical
Eatonville is a charming and diverse neighbourhood in Etobicoke. The neighbourhood is bounded by Burnhamthorpe Road to the north, Dundas Street to the south, Highway 427 to the east, and Highway 27 to the west. It’s ten minutes to the airport and ten minutes to downtown. The neighbourhood offers easy access to highways and GO transit for commuters with proximity to large shopping favourites like Sherway Garden and Ikea.
Eatonville is a well-established neighbourhood that is known for its tree-lined streets, lush parks, and excellent schools. The area is primarily residential, with a mix of single-family homes, townhouses, and apartment buildings. The homes in Eatonville are diverse in style and architecture, with many homes dating back to the 1950s and 60s.
The neighbourhood is home to several parks and green spaces, including the expansive Centennial Park, which offers a range of recreational activities, including golfing, skiing, and swimming. The park also features a large playground, picnic areas, and a bike trail that connects to other parts of the city.
Eatonville is also home to several excellent schools, including Eatonville Junior School, Wedgewood Junior School, and Bloorlea Middle School. The neighbourhood is served by several TTC bus routes, making it easy to access other parts of the city.
In recent years, Eatonville has seen significant growth and development, with new condominiums and commercial spaces popping up throughout the neighbourhood. Despite this growth, Eatonville has managed to maintain its charming small-town feel, making it a popular neighbourhood for families and young professionals alike.