Charming and cozy in Crown PointSend This Listing To A Friend
This charming 3 bedroom, 2 bathroom home is cozy and full of opportunities. The unsexy and expensive upgrades have already been finished, so it’s the perfect home you can customize to suit you. Plus, the neighbourhood is epic.
Breathe in the character. From original hardwood floors, lovely arched entryways, high baseboards, and a giant bay window, this house gives charm a new meaning.
The main living and dining area are spacious and well-lit, providing a natural flow through the house and to the kitchen .The principal bedroom has a custom built-in double closet, boasting amazing storage. The room is also complemented by a bay window overlooking the trees, making the already-relaxing space serene.
The third floor loft space is ready for you to customize. An art studio? An office? A third floor principal suite? Shape the space to your liking!
The not-sexy money has already been spent here. New furnace, new water heater, new air conditioning, new roof, new fencing in the backyard, lead water pipe replacement, and the basement was recently sealed from inside.
The basement is unfinished with a three piece washroom, but could be transformed into an incredible family room.
Outside, the front porch offers room to lounge and chat with friendly neighbours. The backyard is fully fenced in and there is a detached garage with parking for one vehicle at the rear of the property.
5 Things We Love
- It’s move in ready and super charming but it has lots of opportunities to add your own stamp to the house – this is the “I don’t really want to renovate but I would do the kitchen if everything else is perfect” house (note: people literally say this to me during 90% of my buyer consults)
- A ton of the non sexy yet very expensive improvements have been completed
- The principal bedroom with a bay window overlooking the trees and custom built-in double closet/storage solution
- The location! You can walk to the best of Ottawa Street North district – coffee shops, restaurants, gourmet food shops, bakeries, antique shops, galleries etc
- The third floor loft space is ready to be customized into whatever you like – an office? A play space? Great storage? Maybe even a third floor principal suite?
About Crown Point
This is the most walkable neighbourhood in east Hamilton, and you can get everything done by foot! You have the best access to Ottawa Street North district! Walk to local butchers and bakeries, hip coffee shops like The Cannon, get gourmet food from Crown Point Market, enjoy the best burgers from HAMBRGR, or meet hipster beer heaven at Osten Beer Hall. There is so much to see and do. Don’t forget to check out local galleries near as well as the antique stores (Antique Mall is four floors!). Just a block north of Cannon Street bike lanes, perfect to connect you to downtown and other parts of the city.