Opportunity Awaits on Adrian AveSend This Listing To A Friend
Lovingly maintained, full of potential, and located in a vibrant neighbourhood. These essential homeowner ingredients combine to create the ideal recipe for first-time buyers seeking a charming, semi-detached home at an affordable price point.
This brick home hits the “sweet spot” – you can move in right away and renovate and upgrade over time. Even better, rent out the basement to offset your mortgage payments with a potential second suite. The bonus lower level is complete with a separate entrance, second kitchen and three-piece bathroom.
You’ll notice the lovely south-facing front porch as you walk up the steps. This outdoor haven, which is only a few years old, is ideal for enjoying your morning coffee or storing your bicycles. The main floor’s functional layout strikes the perfect balance between daily living and entertaining. Host a holiday dinner in the open-concept living/dining area while your guests sip cocktails around the dinner table, giving you privacy to prepare a festive meal in the separate kitchen. There is also a rear addition off the back that could be used as a home office, den, playroom, or study.
Upstairs, you have 3 comfortably sized bedrooms and a 4-piece bathroom. There is more than enough room for your expanding family, overnight guests, or space for your hobbies.
The low-maintenance backyard features a concrete pad and a charming outdoor fireplace. You’ll be counting down the days until it’s warm enough to enjoy a nightcap while the fire crackles. Street parking is easy on Adrian or Wiltshire but if you prefer your own private spot, convert the back fence into a gate – the concrete pad is already in place.
5 Things We Love
- The Price Point- Own a Toronto FREEHOLD for what the average Toronto condo is selling for today
- Make it your own in time – A home you can live in and renovate over time! The home has already been updated over the years providing more modern amenities inside the charming century old structure.
- The Basement- To offset your mortgage payments, consider converting the basement to a second suite or have a separate space for your in-laws.
- The Potential- There is great investment potential here with dozens of unique neighbourhood shops, eateries, and fitness options all within walking distance already. With new condo builds and increasing transit options on the horizon, the future potential is endless.
- Greenspace- There are a handful of parks nearby providing loads of greenspace, sports & rec facilities and playgrounds for growing families.
About Weston Pellam-Park
With quiet residential streets at its core, Carleton Village is a mixed neighbourhood that’s in transition. Here you’ll see many trendy businesses and eateries already up and running. The commercial loft spaces across the street are home to a Yoga Studio, Motus Training Studio and a performing arts centre. Close by along Dupont you’ll come across Mint Room Photography studio, Boulderz Rock Climbing Gym, and a popular taqueria – Gus Tacos, to name a few. Grab your morning coffee or baked goods at Cafe Con Leche, Saving Mondays or Wallace Espresso. Weekly shopping is a breeze with Caldense Bakery and the Beer Store around the corner and Food Basics less than a 10 min walk away. No shortage of parks with Carleton Park, Symington Avenue Playground, and Pelham Avenue Playground within a few minutes’ walk. Also, Earlscourt Park – home to an off-leash dog area, playground and splash pad, tennis courts, lit turf soccer field and more – is only a few blocks away. Conveniently close to the big box stores at the Stockyards when you need to go to Canadian Tire, Home Depot, HomeSense, Staples and many other large retailers. A 15 min walk to Bloor Go / UP Express, close to the streetcar along St Clair, AND new transit options are coming with the future SmartTrack station at St. Clair-Old Weston Rd.