Just the Facts
Wednesday February 13, 2019
About the Property
Upgrade to the Downtown Condo with an Exceptional Social Life.
Swipe right on the one bedroom condo that offers the perfect balance of live, work and play in the heart of downtown. Entertain friends and enjoy quiet nights in this exceptionally well-designed layout that maximizes both space and natural light. Chic modern kitchen finishes like engineered quartz counters and chic glass backsplash set the tone for the space, complemented by the new grey laminate flooring.
Sliding bedroom doors offer flexibility and privacy – with enough space for a queen-sized bed. And there are no sacrifices in the bathroom either. The luxurious soaker tub and floating vanity offer quiet tranquility after a busy day. Of course, with a Scandinavian-inspired sauna and spa right in the building, you might find you don’t spend much time at home.
The Mercer also features a fitness center with hot tub, screening room, 10,000 square foot terrace with private lounges, games area, BBQ, kitchen and dining area, with green space and a reflective pool.
What are the 5 best things about this condo?
- Sociability: The Mercer is a great place to mingle with other young professionals while enjoying everything this building offers – especially in the summer on the rooftop deck.
- Flexibility: The glass sliding doors to the bedroom add versatility to the space, easily make the unit feel more spacious with open doors or create a sense of privacy with closed doors.
- Livability: This unit uses every inch. Hello queen-sized bed.
- Affordability: If you’re just getting into the real estate market, the price is right here. And who needs a car when you’re at the center of everything?
- Visibility: This unit is bright! The East facing wall is windows from floor to ceiling + you can enjoy the city views from the generous balcony.
Equally convenient for work or play, this neighbourhood has everything you need, right outside your door. To the east, it’s a short walk to the financial core. To the west are more restaurants and nightlife than you could ever want, from fine dining at Bosk or Nota Bene to funky restaurants and cafés like The Queen Mother or Momofuku. To the north is funky Queen St West and endless shopping. Then there are the Queen West clubs like Cube, The Rivoli or The Horseshoe. The city’s best theatres including TIFF Bell Lightbox, Royal Alexandra Theatre and Roy Thomson Hall are right outside your door. Plus you’re steps from the subway, 24 hour streetcars, the PATH and Union Station. Everything you’d want downtown, all at your fingertips.
The Mercer, completed in 2015, has 412 units. It’s nestled in the heart of the Entertainment District, on a quiet street, just south of King. Noted to be an example of “Romantic Modern” design, the brick, stone and glass building makes you think of New York in the most Toronto way.
Inside you’ll find contemporary finishes, high nine to ten-foot ceilings, striking stone countertops and exceptional city views from private terraces and balconies.
The building is rich with amenities, the most striking being the 10,000 sq ft rooftop terrace that boasts private lounges, BBQ, kitchen, dining area and games room. Lazy summer days surrounded by greenery, taking in views around the reflective pool will be well spent.