Just the Facts
Monday March 2, 2020
About the Property
This fab Corktown unit proves not all condos are created equal. Here, soaring ceilings, loft-like details and low maintenance finishes make this space a must-see.
The layout is really efficient – no wasted space here. You’ll be pleasantly surprised by the roominess of the bedroom and the large closet. The kitchen has good storage and new lighting, which makes the space as fashionable as it is functional.
Here, in the kitchen/living area, you get the full effect of the high ceilings, exposed ductwork and smooth, easy-to-manage concrete floors. Light pours in from the windows and the sliding door to the balcony giving it an airy feel you rarely find in one-bedrooms.
This unit is situated at the end of the hall, so there are little to no disturbances from other occupants. But this doesn’t mean it’s out of the loop. The party room and lounge are also on this floor – ideal if you like to entertain – it’s like an extension of your own living room!
What are the 5 best things about this home?
- This is a great layout. No wasted space here and the high ceilings make it feel larger
- It’s really bright! With floor-to-ceiling windows, you get tons of natural light coming into the unit with no large buildings obstructing the view
- It’s cool. There are exposed, low maintenance concrete floors throughout the entire unit and other loft elements adding personality
- It’s also functional. The modern finishes are easy on the eyes with very little upkeep
- There’s storage. The bedroom closet is remarkably large for a unit this size
Neighbourhood & Lifestyle | Corktown
This neighbourhood is transforming fast — back in the day, the east side used to be a bit down and out, but today it’s booming. A lucky few will get to be a part of this incredible growth. The rest will have to bike over to wait in line for brunch on weekends.
You don’t have to go far to see what’s happening: The Canary district to the south, Regent Park revitalization to the north, and over the bridge to the east Riverside is undergoing its own ‘coolification’ with breweries, new restaurants and new Broadview Hotel. In all directions, innovative new buildings are replacing parking lots and empty lots, and old warehouses have been turned into artsy living spaces and breweries.
Distillery District, a short walk away, continues to rank as one of Toronto’s favourite neighbourhoods. And of course, you have spots like Impact Kitchen and Oden plus TTC, and access to the DVP, Bayview and the Gardiner right outside your door.