Just the Facts
21.5 x 70
About the Property
Cottage-like living gets an update in classic Riverdale
Welcome to a home that feels worlds away. This three bedroom home offers cozy family living in one of Toronto’s greenest neighbourhoods. The cottage like setting and healthy, efficient updates gives you the best of both worlds. Completely renovated in 2017, with additional improvements since, there’s so much to see. Big windows and skylights throughout let the outside in, with light that floods into the living spaces, highlighting the exceptional high end finishes like Kitchenaid and Bosch appliances and new natural maple hardwood. New blinds, including blackout blinds in the bedroom allow for calm once the sun goes down. Outside, the backyard oasis extends your living space. Newly constructed garden shed and hidden storage under the ramp offer space to tuck tools and bikes. And there is a lovely tree canopy adding an element of serenity and privacy.
What we love most:
- Energy efficient and healthy to the max! From triple pane windows and sliding door to 100% undyed non-toxic wool carpet and underlay to Kingsman gas fireplace that heats the entire home in the winter, keeping the heating bill low – nothing has been overlooked. There is a tankless water heater, all lighting is on dimmer switches, plus No VOC paint was used throughout the home.
- Bright and airy. Combine light finishes with the light that floods through big windows and skylights. Your Instagram feed has never looked better.
- Lovely private and spacious back garden. Your living space expands in summer with this added outdoor area under beautiful tree canopy.
- Cozy family living in a cottage-like setting. The open concept floor plan and large eat-in island are perfect for lazy Saturdays, family dinner Sundays and all the living in-between.
- Tons of hidden storage. Staying clutter free is made easy with functional storage options inside and outside the home.
Copy about the Neighbourhood and Lifestyle
Riverdale is the gateway to Toronto’s east end. Here, the streets are lined with trees, abundant greenery, friendly faces, neighbourly porches, and playing children.
This neighbourhood is a fantastic mix of old-and-new. Brick houses corner each street but many have modern, upbeat, finishings and unique details. On any given day, streets are lined with running groups, strollers, and brunch dates – many headed to The Riverdale Perk for it’s other-worldly baked goods and lattes.
Sandwiched between Cabbagetown, the Danforth, Broadview Avenue, and Leslieville, it’s a pocket-sized gem that seems to pay ode to the simple pleasures of everyday life without losing the everyday luxuries of Toronto ‘city living’.
It’s a lovely walk to Withrow Park and Riverdale Park – one of the largest green spaces in the city. It’s steep hills are a favourite of tobogganers.
You’re also steps from Danforth shops and restaurants and close to the rapidly developing Gerrard Strip near Jones. Here you’ll find Dineen Outpost where a gutted corner space has been transformed into a thing of beauty. Other new additions to the strip include Pollyanna, the newly renovated Maple Leaf Tavern and Pinkerton’s Snack Bar – the bustling, loud late night stop on the strip.