Just the Facts
Wednesday May 3, 2017
Full | Unfinished
13.12 x 100
East End Danforth
About the Property
156 Bastedo – A Starter Home That’s Fully Finished
Ever heard the term “a contractor’s dream”? Well, 156 Bastedo is one contractor’s dream turned reality. This turn-key home sports one of the largest (eat-in) kitchens on the street, totally reinvented and complete with breakfast bar–plus a beautiful walk-out to a generous backyard adorned with flowing hydrangea and holly bush. This is high-style, fully-finished, easy-living, in a low-key space. Plus there’s room to grow: the full lowered basement that has 6½ foot headroom.
Purchased just a few years ago by a young contractor and his wife, this home received a full face-lift that went beyond skin-deep. And while the Canadian-made Birch hardwood, marble bathroom floor, swanky finishes and insulated porch (all done personally, by a professional contractor, with love) may lure you in at first…156 Bastedo is not just another pretty face. This is a low-maintenance starter home with all the hard work done. Check out our list of all this home’s updates, and bonuses, below.
Upgrades & What we
- new upgraded lock set for the front door
- roof 2016 – new flashing, shingles & vents
- insulated porch walls, new porch door, new porch windows
- 9″ baseboard and shoe moulding throughout
- All light fixtures upgraded and changed to LED with LED dimmers. (Including dining fixture with LED Edison bulbs.)
- Canadian-made Birch hardwood throughout the house
- new customised kitchen with:
- quartz countertops
- LED under-cabinet lighting
- Italian made pot-filler and kitchen faucet
- all appliances are 2 years old with transferable 5-year warranty
- exterior vented range hood
- kitchen cabinets are 2 years old with 25-year warranty
- Wall-mounted TV’s in the living room and breakfast area with the in-wall wiring. Mounts can be included.
- large ‘his and her’ built-in closets
- sound proof insulation in shared walls (with ⅝ fireproof insulation)
- solid wood trim casings.
- Volakas marble floor in bathroom
- New hot water tank rental
- Furnace (2009)
- Only 2 major duct runs in the house so it gets really cold or hot when you want it (yay)!
- thermostat upgraded to modern NEST system
- all knob-and-tube wiring replaced with modern circuits
- all renovations done by professional contractors