Cabbagetown style with a YYZ address in the Junction. This is the first-home you’ve been waiting for. |406 Clendenan Ave
Just the Facts
About the Property
Condos are great, but sometimes you just have your heart set on a house. This Junction row house is cute as can be, with an all-brick frontage, and an adorable little front yard. Inside, the main floor feels a bit like it was ripped from your ‘must-have’ list. It’s open concept, with built-in shelves in the living room, updated kitchen, fab island and more. This is a contemporary design with just enough character to make it feel one-of-a-kind.
The stuff everyone wants, but no one wants to pay for, like updated wiring, is already done. You can just move in and enjoy. Upstairs you’ll find two very large bedrooms and a spacious bathroom. And downstairs, the basement is unfinished – which means you have the opportunity to build future equity and design the space you want.
Outside, you’ll find a garage (that has been well used for many years) and a petit backyard ready for you to create your own space. Fancy a garden? A sitting area? You won’t find that in a condo.
Five things we Love
- It’s cute as a button. Brick exterior with arched doorway. Row of similar houses that have a Cabbagetown feel without the Cabbagetown price
- You can move right in. The sexy (and unsexy stuff like wiring) has already been done.
- It’s not a glass box in the sky. It’s like living in a townhouse but without the maintenance fees.
- There’s a garage. Not a lot of Junction or neighbouring area homes can even claim parking.
- It’s an open concept main floor, with built-ins throughout to make good use of the space (and give you a place for your stuff).
About the Neighbourhood and Lifestyle
Well, for starters, it’s as Junction as Junction can get. If you’re looking for a neighbourhood that avoids ‘cookie cutter’ and embraces the idiosyncratic, you’ll feel right at home here. This off-the-cuff quality has attracted a variety of residents and created a strong sense of community and identity.
Want organic groceries? Head over to the Sweet Potato. Craving craft beer? Take your pick of the indie breweries along Dundas west. Want to check out some funky new furniture? Take your pick of the eclectic mix in the shops. Feel like venturing out of your ‘hood? Bloor West is just a hop, skip and a jump away.
See Other BREL Listings