Sold Funky Income Property in Brockton Village |1236 College Street
Just the Facts
About the Property
Is this your next urban income property? Or is it just your hip new home, complete with an income apartment AND a freshly finished in-law suite? This funky house sits at the nexus of some of Toronto’s coolest ‘hoods: Dundas West, Brockton Village, Roncesvalles, Parkdale and Bloordale.
Meticulously renovated from top to bottom, there’s character and coolness at every turn.
Main Floor Apartment.
Ideal owner-occupied unit with hip details throughout, featuring:
- Your very own industrial kitchen – a world of stainless steel with giant restaurant double sink, restaurant grade counter and storage
- Funky sealed plywood floors
- Floor to ceiling storefront window for light (with blinds for privacy)
- Access to fenced backyard – could be converted to laneway parking
Freshly renovated 2-bedroom apartment featuring:
- Giant Farmer-style ceramic kitchen sink and butcher block counters
- New maple oak floors and doors
- Master bedroom with walkout to big south-facing cedar wood terrace
- Second bedroom with sealed plywood floors opens to juliette balcony overlooking backyard
- Previously rented for $1,950 inclusive
Basement In-Law Suite
Newly-renovated in-law or nanny suite featuring:
- Exposed brick wall and reclaimed industrial lighting
- Italian porcelain tile flooring
- Separate entrance via front foyer
- Walkout to backyard/secondary entrance
- Ensuite laundry
While technically located in the Brockton Village neighbourhood, you’re super close to the shops and restaurants of Roncesvalles and Queen West, the hipster bars of Dundas West and the coming wave of coolness in the “Lower Junction Triangle”–with the new MOCCA and 3 new craft breweries within 5 blocks!
With easy access to TTC, you’re also just a 5-minute walk away from McGregor Playground–with a lit ball diamond, field house, basketball court, firepit, wading pool and children’s playground–plus Sorauren Park, McCormick Arena & Community Centre, and Dufferin Grove are all about 5 blocks away.
Nearby schools: Brock Public School and Bloor Collegiate Institute.