Just the Facts
20 x 100
York University Village
About the Property
Are you a:
- student (or parent to one)?
- an investor with vision?
- professor or staff member at York U and looking for your forever home for you (or your family)?
- friends, thinking of co-ownership?
Better act fast, ‘cause this place is for you (all of you) and it won’t be on the market long.
A 2008 build, everything in this home is done. Yep, you can pack your hammer and nails but you’ll be using it to decorate and do the ‘fun stuff’. That is…if you move in.
You see, 19 Boake Street is fully tenanted. That’s right! Respectful tenants currently live in this 4 + 1 bedroom, 5 bathroom home. Makes sense, given its sprawling kitchen/living/dining area, loads of storage, basement apartment, and layout designed for privacy. (There’s even a large master bedroom with ensuite AND a walk-in closet).
As the Buyer, you’ve got plenty of choices. Do you:
- live in the home solo, with friends, or family, and renovate it to your forever-home taste?
- move into one of the units and continue to rent out the rest?
- continue renting to the current tenants, collect rent checks (and basically, print money)?
Either way, you’ve scored BIG TIME with this home. Location (location, location), alone, is enough to peak attention and the fact is that York U isn’t going anywhere… so this home will always be in a prime spot. By buying this property you’re making a solid investment and opening up to possibilities you wouldn’t have dreamed of before.
So go ahead, make your move. All we can say is… cha-ching!
Top 5 Things we LOVE:
- The location: Steps to York U campus, in York University Village.
- The space: 4 + 1 bedrooms, 5 bathrooms, master bedroom with ensuite and walk-in closet, basement apartment, large living/dining/kitchen with focal-point fireplace and a 2-car garage
- The lot: 20 by 100 feet, with a private yard
- The newness: Nothing to do, but enjoy
- The investment: Instead of paying rent, why not receive it?
THE ‘HOOD: YORK UNIVERSITY VILLAGE
This T.O ‘hood was first amalgamated in 2005. Tribute Communities, a developer, bought the land from York University and made it into the residential community it is today. There are about 850 homes in this development, located just south of York University and North of Finch Avenue, all within arm’s reach to transit and York U campus. There’s also a diverse mix of families, students, and young professionals who live here. This is a neighbourhood with a village-like feel and strong sense of community, (obviously) ideal for anyone affiliated with York U.