The sky is the limit in this classic Victorian home in central HamiltonSend This Listing To A Friend
In the centre of the action lies this quiet and private semi-detached home in the Beasley neighbourhood of Hamilton. The curb appeal enchants you at first sight with a spacious lot size, manicured landscaping, a gorgeous new cedar front porch, fresh paint, and a gated driveway with tons of parking space! The expansive property borders a laneway at the rear. Hmm…should you consider the possibility of an income-generating laneway suite? Here is a little inspiration, a whole lot of information, and some exciting new legislation to support your plan.
This property gives you the freedom to follow whichever path in life makes sense to you, whether you’re looking to set down roots for your expanding family or convert this home to a duplex as an investment opportunity. Plus, a lot of the “un-sexy” work has been done with both functional improvements as well as aesthetic upgrades that respect the history of the home.
Classic Victorian heritage details can be found throughout this over 2000 sq ft home, including the soaring high 10 ft ceilings, tall windows, generous living space, high baseboards, ceiling medallions, original doors and rare arched pocket doors. Nature also lays its hand in this home’s architectural design with a portion of the basement foundation built into the Escarpment. Interesting facts are at every turn.
The main floor is spacious and bright, with new hardwood flooring, a bright kitchen and a recently renovated three-piece bathroom. There is so much space here for everyday living and entertaining guests during the upcoming holiday season. You even have a large laundry room and mudroom here as well.
Upstairs, you have 3 large bedrooms on the second floor, and a third-storey loft. With so much space on this level and a gas fireplace, this is the perfect retreat after a long busy day. Or you can choose to use the space as an additional family room, home office, workout room, etc! Need more storage space? The basement is the perfect place to tuck away your seasonal and occasional items.
The charming backyard feels like your own secret garden in the heart of the city. Back here, you can enjoy your morning coffee or a weekend bbq with friends while the kids play freely; there is plenty of space to enjoy.
5 Things We Love
- The Victorian charm – You’ll swoon over the high ceilings (10ft on the main level!), the gorgeous 9ft tall arched pocket doors, tall windows, generous spaces, and heritage details throughout this stunning century home.
- The outdoor space – Enjoy summer days on your spacious lot size surrounded by mature trees. Plus you have ample parking space.
- The location – A convenient central Hamilton location. Close to James St N, Barton Village, and West Harbour GO.
- The bedrooms – All 4 bedrooms are generously sized. You have 3 rooms on the 2nd floor plus a large 3rd-floor loft space that could be converted into a family room, home office or principal suite.
- The potential – Over 2000 sq ft of space to customize to suit your needs. Keep it as a stately, single family home or convert it to an income generating duplex. The garage and access to the rear laneway will allow you to explore the possibility of a separate laneway home. The sky is the limit!
About Beasley, Hamilton
Beasley is a transitioning, up-and-coming neighbourhood in central Hamilton that has everything you need and more at arms reach. You’re conveniently located within walking distance of some of the city’s coolest restaurants, bars, and shops on James St North and Barton Village. Be sure to check out some of our favourite spots like Martello, Castelli Cucina, Motel, Synonym, Mosaic, Emerald Coffee, Barton Salumeria, and Royal Flush Vintage to name a few. Commuting to Toronto? You’re conveniently close to West Harbour GO station.