Ever wonder what houses look like before the staging?
When we set out to sell our own Toronto house a few months ago, we decided to take our own advice and invest in staging. We’d seen good staging dramatically increase the sale prices of our listings and knew it was a critical part of the house preparation process.
Because selling houses is what we do, we’re well connected with some of the best home professionals and stagers in the city. During the 3 weeks it took to transform our house, we:
- Painted much of the first and second floors with neutral colours
- Replaced flooring in the kitchen, family room and basement
- Installed a new backsplash in the kitchen
- Focused on curb appeal and the backyard: installed new patio stones, painted the front door and porch and planted new gardens
- Installed a new bathroom in the basementKept our handyman busy full-time fixing all the little things we’d always meant to fix
- Decluttered with the help of the guys at 1-800 GOT JUNK and Pods (an extremely convenient portable storage company)
We hired Kim Ostergaard, Owner/Designer/Certified Stager at House Coach. Kim is one of our favourite stagers and we trusted her to make our home look its best.
Scroll down to see the transformation of our home (but please don’t judge the ‘before’ pics!):