So you’ve probably heard that the Toronto market is full of anxious Buyers right now, with nary a good house for sale. As we struggle to keep our Buyers in good spirits, we’ve once again this year taken to real-time real estate. It looks a little like this:
- We have a big whiteboard in our living room now, listing everything that our Buyers are looking for (it looks like this, only written with a Sharpie).
- Every hour, I scour the MLS for what’s come on the market in our key neighbourhoods
- I immediately e-mail our Buyers with the brand-new gems, deals and houses that are taking offers anytime.. When supply is this low, waiting until the listings come from MLS overnight might just be too late.
- Brendan runs around checking out the good stuff while I continue to stalk the listings on MLS.
- If we find something great, we ask our clients: can you leave work right now and check out this house before everyone sees it when they get off work?
- We swoop in and grab it before anyone else.
Real-time real estate isn’t for the faint of heart, and of course, some of our clients don’t want to play, and that’s OK too. But when the stakes are high and competition fierce, we do what we have to do to make it happen.