Now we’re talking! If you’ve been following along this blog series, you know we’ve had slim pickings in the lower prices in prime neighbourhoods. The options and locations keep getting better, and if your budget was $800,000 in 2014, you had a good choice of houses and neighbourhoods. As of writing, in the central core (defined as south of Bloor, High Park to the Beach):
- 296 homes were sold
- Lots of bidding wars in this price range – the average house sold for 109% of asking
- Lots more options west of Yonge in this price range – 132 to be exact!
- Houses in the east side sold in an average of 11 days
Here’s a sampling of the kinds of houses $800,000 bought in 2014:
If you had an $800,000 budget for a condo, your options were SWEET! You got more square footage, better views and more in-demand buildings and locations.
- 159 condos between $700,000-$800,000 sold as of writing
- Sold prices were 98% of asking
- Average days on market: 30 days
Here are the kinds of condos $800,000 bought you in 2014: